Autor Thema: Questions or suggestions about the game?  (Gelesen 35643 mal)

CGS

• Tentakelschleim
    • Profil anzeigen
Re: Questions or suggestions about the game?
« Antwort #30 am: 02. Februar 2023, 00:02:34 »
We're using AGS, so the game won't need emulators. It will run under Windows XP and Seven (the OS we've worked with so far, it also might probably run under ME and Vista if you're still using them)... We're using an AGS-engine that has been ported to Linux and we don't use special Plugins that require a Windows runtime. So there is a good chance that the game will play fine under linux but too but we haven't tested it yet.
Greetings from Canada!  ;D
Could you provide an update on the platforms you are planning to release for? Will it still be Windows and Linux? Thanks!  8)
Or are you thinking Windows only? Asking so I have the latest and correct info on this for something.. 8)
Awesome project by the way - keep up the great work and looking forward to the release!
« Letzte Änderung: 02. Februar 2023, 00:03:24 von CGS »

Bòógieman

• International anerkannter Superheld
  • Globaler Moderator
  • alter Tentakel
  • Grün Tentakel = Running Sushi!
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #31 am: 02. Februar 2023, 09:34:42 »
Hi there CGS, welcome to the forum!  :D

The game is developed with the AGS engine, so it will run on whatever system AGS supports.
Windows will work for sure, I also successfully tested it on Android some time ago.
Native AGS has Linux support, but I am not sure if this is really a 100% thing and we haven't tested it so far.  :-\
Luckily ScummVm now also supports AGS games which increases the platform support even further.

One thing I have noticed with MMM episodes on different platforms is that there is always a problem with MIDI support.
But since NotM does not use MIDI, this should not be a problem.

However, it is hard to say on which platform the final game will work when it is released.  :cl
We will see it when we get there.

I hope that answers your question.  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 02. Februar 2023, 09:35:49 von Bòógieman »
Schlachtaman Vibrations, UHYEAH!!!

>>>> Ende der Kommunikation <<<<

CGS

• Tentakelschleim
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #32 am: 02. Februar 2023, 17:48:39 »
Hi there CGS, welcome to the forum!  :D

The game is developed with the AGS engine, so it will run on whatever system AGS supports.
Windows will work for sure, I also successfully tested it on Android some time ago.
Native AGS has Linux support, but I am not sure if this is really a 100% thing and we haven't tested it so far.  :-\
Luckily ScummVm now also supports AGS games which increases the platform support even further.

One thing I have noticed with MMM episodes on different platforms is that there is always a problem with MIDI support.
But since NotM does not use MIDI, this should not be a problem.

However, it is hard to say on which platform the final game will work when it is released.  :cl
We will see it when we get there.

I hope that answers your question.  ;)

Hello, thanks for the reply and thorough answer on this! This definitely helps and is great to know ;D

The AGS engine sounds great and that there is some good possibilities for the platforms for the final game. I'll assume at this time that Windows is likely confirmed and the other platforms are still TBD. Very cool and interesting to hear it has ScummVm support as well. I appreciate you sharing insights and info on the game and look forward to more updates!  ;)

Cmdr

• volljähriger Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #33 am: 03. Februar 2023, 08:30:08 »
One thing to notice according MMM and ScummVM-Support:
Unfortunatly ScummVM has problems to display the fonts used in MMM.
When the displayed speeking text includes a German character (f.e. ä,ü,ö)
it will be skipped in the base font, but not in the outline,
which results in the outline not fitting on the base font.
This makes the text barely readable.
Additionally, some characters (f.e. z) look very strange.

Or is this issue already fixed?

Kruttan

• Dott-MMM-Entwickler
  • Teenie Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #34 am: 14. April 2023, 19:00:36 »
One thing to notice according MMM and ScummVM-Support:
Unfortunatly ScummVM has problems to display the fonts used in MMM.
When the displayed speeking text includes a German character (f.e. ä,ü,ö)
it will be skipped in the base font, but not in the outline,
which results in the outline not fitting on the base font.
This makes the text barely readable.
Additionally, some characters (f.e. z) look very strange.

Or is this issue already fixed?

I'm positve that the support for AGS will improve with the next versions of ScummVM. If you give the ScummVM Feedback in the forums that might also help.

It also depends which AGS version the game was compiled with. NOTM runs quite stable with ScummVM at the moment but there are some minor differences. Text looks okay at the current version, the ä looks a bit weird at the moment. Most of the game plays quite well with ScummVM. The minigame I scripted for Meteor Mess does not work - but that wasn't final so this has to be redone.

morhook

• Tentakelschleim
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #35 am: 10. Oktober 2023, 22:41:26 »
I'm liking a lot everything I'm seeing about Night of the Meteor! How can I help to make more pixel-art animations on the real game?

Mister L

• Boss der T.I.A.
  • Globaler Moderator
  • Ehrwürdiger Tentakel
  • "R.I.P. Clever & Smart † 1958 -2023"
    • Profil anzeigen
    • Maniac Mansion - Night of the Meteor
« Antwort #36 am: 13. Dezember 2023, 16:41:15 »
I'm liking a lot everything I'm seeing about Night of the Meteor! How can I help to make more pixel-art animations on the real game?
Well, can you do pixel-art animations? Or do you know somebody who can?  8)