Autor Thema: Questions or suggestions about the game?  (Gelesen 35458 mal)

TTSAddict

• Tentakelschleim
    • Profil anzeigen
Re: Questions or suggestions about the game?
« Antwort #15 am: 08. Juli 2012, 23:27:00 »
@kynrek:
> At the moment there is no need for help with terms of programming. The lion's share of workload is still the animation-work.
> We're planing to have full voice-speech but it's still a long way to go before we can focus on the speech (the game has to be nearly completed for that!).
Are you planning to voice multiple languages?

Kruttan

• Dott-MMM-Entwickler
  • Teenie Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #16 am: 09. Juli 2012, 22:05:00 »
Are you planning to voice multiple languages?

We would love to have at least German and English Voice when the game is finished. But as I said: It's still a long way to go before we can think about that. Perhaps the first version will be without speech and the Voice-Pack will come afterwards, we haven't decided yet how we're going to handle it.

oneflou

• Tentakelschleim
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #17 am: 10. Mai 2013, 03:53:58 »
Hey guys

1st of all, i really want to say that i'm a big fan of your work since the first day i saw a picture of it, more than 2 years ago ! Keep it on !

I was very happy to see your last update on your website, which means that the project is still on. All the work you did, all the sprites or landscapes you made are so close from dott, i am very impressed, I hope someday, I (and the world) will be able to play to that, the "new reference" for the MM remake :-P

I hope you'll see my message, wish you good luck and I hope you will post a little bit more of pics on the blog :-)

(do you have any idea about the progress of the work in % ? I know it'd be very difficult to guess ^^)

Doug

• Tentakelschleim
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #18 am: 12. November 2017, 06:46:59 »
Hi!

If you need a (male) voice actor, I'd love to help. I've done minor voice acting for short films and can do cartoony voices similar to the ones in Day of the Tentacle (and do them all the time for fun, much to my wife's chagrin). I realize this isn't a question or suggestion, I just wanted to offer to help as I LOVE Day of the Tentacle and wrote walkthroughs for Maniac Mansion back in the day. If you're at all interested in that, or just need help with moderating this part of the forum, or video editing/motion graphics work, let me know! I realize (based on your post above) it's a long ways off to think about this, but wanted to throw my hat in the ring! GOOD LUCK! I've bookmarked this site and will keep tabs on it; I love watching stuff like this happen!

- Doug
« Letzte Änderung: 12. November 2017, 06:50:34 von Doug »

marioxb

• Tentakelschleim
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #19 am: 22. April 2021, 13:30:19 »
Hello. Hopefully you guys still monitor this section, I see it hasn't had a post since 2017. This is the first I've heard of this remake as well as the PS4/ Windows remake of DoTT. Two questions, while I love the graphics of the original DoTT, the updated version is very nice. Do you guys have any plans to duplicate that versions graphics as well, for an alternate, or maybe this same project could have a selectable graphic style?

And second, the music. I grew up playing the NES game, and I think it has the BEST soundtrack. Any way to incorporate the NES music in your project, possibly as an alternate soundtrack?
« Letzte Änderung: 22. April 2021, 14:50:00 von marioxb »

marioxb

• Tentakelschleim
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #20 am: 22. April 2021, 14:48:14 »
duplicate.. oops
« Letzte Änderung: 22. April 2021, 14:49:48 von marioxb »

Bòógieman

• International anerkannter Superheld
  • Globaler Moderator
  • alter Tentakel
  • Grün Tentakel = Running Sushi!
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #21 am: 23. April 2021, 07:48:46 »
Hi there and welcome to the forum!
There is no plan to do a HD remake, the game is using the pixel style of the original.
This work load is more than enough  ;)
As for the music, the original NES themes will not be 1:1 in the game, but the new music might be based on them   8)
« Letzte Änderung: 24. April 2021, 08:27:47 von Bòógieman »
Schlachtaman Vibrations, UHYEAH!!!

>>>> Ende der Kommunikation <<<<

marioxb

• Tentakelschleim
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #22 am: 24. April 2021, 05:07:23 »
Hi there and welcome to the forum!
The is no plan to do a HD remake, the game is using the pixel style of the original.
This work load is more than enough  ;)
As for the music, the original NES themes will not be 1:1 in the game, but the new music might be based on them   8)

Yeah, I can imagine it would be difficult to do an HD remake as well! The pixel style is awesome anyway! And yeah, I was kind of thinking about sort of "HD" versions of the NES themes, that would be wonderful. Day of the Tentacle was great, but way more linear compared to Maniac Mansion. I can't believe they never made an official version with voice acting! Can't wait for this to be released!

TheGuyWhoIsHere

• kleiner Tentakelsaugknopf
  • Wer das liest, kann lesen
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #23 am: 10. Oktober 2021, 16:34:34 »
Have you ever considered moving your social media from Facebook to a rather more active social media as Facebook is pretty much dying out?

Kruttan

• Dott-MMM-Entwickler
  • Teenie Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #24 am: 20. Oktober 2021, 14:01:12 »
Have you ever considered moving your social media from Facebook to a rather more active social media as Facebook is pretty much dying out?
Hi, since we're not posting so much on social media at the moment that's something to consider when the game reaches beta status.

hoangdk80

• Dott-MMM-Entwickler
  • Tentakelschleim
  • I belong in a museum
    • Profil anzeigen
    • hkdigital
« Antwort #25 am: 22. Dezember 2021, 01:48:56 »
does the beta version is about close to be released ?

Kruttan

• Dott-MMM-Entwickler
  • Teenie Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #26 am: 17. April 2022, 19:05:17 »
does the beta version is about close to be released ?
Hi, there has been lots of progess in the last year but it is still too early to release a beta.

mehmetjre

• Tentakelschleim
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #27 am: 22. Januar 2023, 17:50:38 »
Hi there, I am Mehmet from Turkey. I am playing Maniac Mansion Mania episodes since I was 15 years old(I am 27 now). As far as I see, there are no English language options in the episodes. If you guys need a translator, I can help you with it. I also can help you with Turkish translation if there are Turkish players in the community. I am always around to help you guys if needed.

Cmdr

• volljähriger Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #28 am: 23. Januar 2023, 09:47:30 »
Hi Mehmet,
welcome to the forum.

In some episodes there are different other languages available. (Mostly English and Italian).
You can select them when starting winsetup.exe, which is bundled with the episodes.

As far as I know there is no episode with Turkish language yet.
If you like to translate some you're highly welcome!
Just write the author of the episode you like to translate and he can give you a text file where you can inclue your translation.

CGS

• Tentakelschleim
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #29 am: 01. Februar 2023, 05:29:11 »
We're using AGS, so the game won't need emulators. It will run under Windows XP and Seven (the OS we've worked with so far, it also might probably run under ME and Vista if you're still using them)... We're using an AGS-engine that has been ported to Linux and we don't use special Plugins that require a Windows runtime. So there is a good chance that the game will play fine under linux but too but we haven't tested it yet.
Greetings from Canada!  ;D
Could you provide an update on the platforms you are planning to release for? Will it still be Windows and Linux? Thanks!  8)