Umfrage

What about pre-translated starter-packs

Yes, of course. (Ja auf jeden Fall.)
3 (50%)
Maybe. (Vielleicht.)
2 (33.3%)
No. (Nein.)
1 (16.7%)
I do not vote in polls. (Ich nehme grundsätzlich nicht an Umfragen teil.)
0 (0%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 6

Umfrage geschlossen: 06. Februar 2009, 12:10:32

Autor Thema: Pre-Translated Starter Packs  (Gelesen 3460 mal)

rulaman

• Mod
  • Teenie Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
Pre-Translated Starter Packs
« am: 17. Januar 2009, 12:10:32 »
Deutsch/German:

Wie wäre es, wenn wir die Starterpack-Texte schon in die jeweilige Sprache übersetzen?
Also sind alle Texte, die in den Starterpacks vorkommen in die jeweiligen Sprachen schon mal vor-übersetzt.

Das hätte den Vorteil, dass die ganzen Standardkommentare in jeder neuen Folge gleich sind, und die 'Überwindung' der Autoren auch Fremdsprachige Versionen anzubieten durch bereits vorübersetzt Teile vermindert wird.

English/Englisch:

What about if we translate the starter pack sentences in each language?
So all the texts included in the starter packs occur in their respective languages pre-translated.

This would have the advantage that all standard comments are the same in each game.
Further the pre-translated parts reduce the work for the author or the translater and i hope more developer will be encouraged to translate their episodes.
Baden ist die einzige Möglichkeit, den Dreck der Füße an den Hals zu bekommen.

Bòógieman

• International anerkannter Superheld
  • Globaler Moderator
  • alter Tentakel
  • Grün Tentakel = Running Sushi!
    • Profil anzeigen
Re: Pre-Translated Starter Packs
« Antwort #1 am: 17. Januar 2009, 13:47:00 »
do you mean a separate starter pack, where all texts in the sources are already English
or do you mean just a translation file that comes with the German starter pack?  ???

I think that's no bad idea, but then we need someone who translates English-only episodes to German
when I remember correctly, there are several community members who have problems with the English language  :-\
and it wouldn't be fair to exclude them now from playing new episodes  ;)
Schlachtaman Vibrations, UHYEAH!!!

>>>> Ende der Kommunikation <<<<

rulaman

• Mod
  • Teenie Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: 17. Januar 2009, 17:49:33 »
I mean our normal german starter packs, with pre-translated trs-files.
It's for our developers to available the episodes in english or possible other languages.

Sure, we need someone to translate the files, but if these are pre-translated, possible translator have less to do and will hopefully encouraged enough to translate the rest.

PS: All new SPs came with very small trs-file (only the GUIs are translated) at the moment.

KhrisMUC

• Mod
  • volljähriger Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: 22. Januar 2009, 14:54:40 »
Would it really work that way? Isn't the translation source completely re-written after new content has been added?
I'd think it's much more sensible to translate the texts right in the scripts and GUIs.

Don't forget that somebody would have to translate the inner workings of the packs, too. Otherwise english authors would have a perfect english starter pack and no idea how to use it.

rulaman

• Mod
  • Teenie Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #4 am: 25. Januar 2009, 10:44:03 »
Would it really work that way? Isn't the translation source completely re-written after new content has been added?
I'd think it's much more sensible to translate the texts right in the scripts and GUIs.

No, if you use the update command (right-click over the translation-file) [in the Editor]
PS: Have a look in the SP I send you. Add a phrase and click on update. The pre-translated GUI-lines should be there.

Don't forget that somebody would have to translate the inner workings of the packs, too. Otherwise english authors would have a perfect english starter pack and no idea how to use it.

Why? The SPs are for our german developers only at the moment.
The idea is to make it more convenient for our developers to offer translations.
I don't intend to offer completely english (or other language) Starterpacks as declined in other threads.

And to make it clear:
The packs are only german at the moment. Only the trs-files content the starter-pack-phrases in other languages.
So our german developer could easily translate the episodes or to give the translation-source away.
This has the advantage to have the sp-based sentences and phrases in all episodes the same. Otherwise you would have some disturbing things because of different translations.