Autor Thema: Bernard's house - 16:9 aspect ratio starterpack  (Gelesen 238 mal)

Walmaker

• kleiner Tentakelsaugknopf
    • Profil anzeigen
Bernard's house - 16:9 aspect ratio starterpack
« am: 20. Dezember 2023, 21:25:32 »
Ladies, Gentleman and trans people, may I have your attention? I just made a 16:9 version of the Bernard starter pack for anybody out there willing to make new episodes in a more modern style... okay, I just widened the screen, nothing special.

Question is: how can I upload it?

Meine Damen, Herren und Transgender, darf ich um Ihre Aufmerksamkeit bitten? Ich habe gerade eine 16:9-Version des Bernard-Starterpakets für alle da draußen gemacht, die bereit sind, neue Episoden in einem moderneren Stil zu machen ... Okay, ich habe nur den Bildschirm verbreitert, nichts Besonderes.

Die Frage ist: Wie kann ich es hochladen?
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Dezember 2023, 21:32:40 von Walmaker »

Cone Arex

• Mod
  • alter Tentakel
  • Skandal-Entwickler und Idiot
    • Profil anzeigen
    • Conequest
Re: Bernard's house - 16:9 aspect ratio starterpack
« Antwort #1 am: 21. Dezember 2023, 00:00:59 »
You can use a file hoster like MEGA or put the source on Github.

But I have to tell you, that there already is a 16:9 version of the Bernard starter pack: https://github.com/ManiacMansionMania/Bernard-SP/tree/16_9

Folge mir auf X und itch.io

Walmaker

• kleiner Tentakelsaugknopf
    • Profil anzeigen
Re: Bernard's house - 16:9 aspect ratio starterpack
« Antwort #2 am: 21. Dezember 2023, 12:05:47 »
Shoot.

Well, the difference between mine and his is that mine has the resolution of 360x200 (which is actually a multiple of eight like how old video games of 8x8 tiles to fill a screen) and ever since it's larger than the normal version, there can be extra room for objects, puzzles, cutscenes, etc.

I dunno I just like the 360x200 rather than the 320x180 resolution because it seems more cinematic in a way and there's more room. I honestly tried the 320x120 ratio for my DotT styled game idea but found it a bit awkward and limiting. For his version however, it seems he removed the black border which I'm honestly not sure why you guys even kept it, probably to fit the MM style more, and by removing the bar, it just seems to translate seamlessly. But that's just my opinion.
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Dezember 2023, 12:10:45 von Walmaker »