Autor Thema: Monkey Island 1/2 - Monkey Island... e mezzo!  (Gelesen 5877 mal)

Giocherellone

• kleiner Tentakelsaugknopf
    • Profil anzeigen
Monkey Island 1/2 - Monkey Island... e mezzo!
« am: 13. Februar 2014, 11:28:55 »
Hi friends! :D

As I mentioned yesterday, at the moment there are two the projects "healed" born in Germany, and this is the second.

Sifting through the dusty archives of the site TentakelVilla (you know it, right?), always looking for some fangame for my collection, I found this weird thing...

What's this? It 'a mysterious game in AGS, entitled "Monkey Island 1/2", and is still downloadable from here:

http://www.tentakelvilla.de/thomas/Monkey_Island.zip

On the web you will find absolutely no trace of this project.

Probably because the author has made ​​this his trial demo, and before making it official was waiting for other collaborations to complete the game.

Unfortunately the author is then literally disappeared! And this project has been abandoned.

How much is available in the download file, includes both the game compiled and the source code, but... it is full of bugs!

Wandering in the source files, I discovered that the author is a certain Sascha Diedrich, but even so I was not able to track him down to ask him for permission to restore his game.

Some of you know him? I'd like to contact him personally. I hope that will please our result.

Thanks to the talent of AprilSkies (who had to sweat just to rearrange all this tangle), here to you "Monkey Island... e mezzo!".

To enjoy this little demo in German language, simply set the file winsetup.exe as "default language".

http://oldgames.arena80.it/arenauta13//MonkeyIsland-1-2/Monkey-Island-e-Mezzo.zip

The screens who have been replaced, are the one of the title and the final one, with the words "the end" at the end of the demo.

What can I say? Too bad it's been abandoned. This idea had some great potential!

If you notice, it is also an attempt to explain why Guybrush had suddenly developed this strange allergy to porcelain!

And with that, at least for the moment, that's all!

Do you know any other fangame in AGS, forgotten or unknown, which could be recovered?

As fans, we would like to continue these projects and share them with other fans.

If it were possible to contact the authors, and maybe even have the source code, to work with AGS, it would be even better!

Thank you all and enjoy!

Ciao ciao from Italy! :D

Rocco

• Administrator
  • alter Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
    • Maniac Mansion Mania
Re: Monkey Island 1/2 - Monkey Island... e mezzo!
« Antwort #1 am: 13. Februar 2014, 15:26:17 »
Do you know any other fangame in AGS, forgotten or unknown, which could be recovered?

I have at least 3 of them on my harddrive.  ;D
I think many of the developers here have such unfinished buisness on their PCs.
So hopefully some of them can be recovered and released with your help,
(be aware that all MMM-Stuff what will be released until next year, takes place on our great awards show,
according to the 10 Year Anniversary of Maniac Mansion Mania.  >:D )

Thank you very much for the exhumation of this LucasFilm Fangames Giocherellone.  :D

Giocherellone

• kleiner Tentakelsaugknopf
    • Profil anzeigen
Re: Monkey Island 1/2 - Monkey Island... e mezzo!
« Antwort #2 am: 13. Februar 2014, 16:40:24 »
Hi Rocco! :D

Zitat
I have at least 3 of them on my harddrive. 
I think many of the developers here have such unfinished buisness on their PCs.

WOW! Tell me more... (you can also write me a PM, if you want)

Zitat
be aware that all MMM-Stuff what will be released until next year, takes place on our great awards show, according to the 10 Year Anniversary of Maniac Mansion Mania.

WOW! Tell me more... (you know: I don't know German language, and only with the help of the on-line translators, I miss about all the meanings of your threads)

Zitat
Thank you very much for the exhumation of this LucasFilm Fangames

You're welcome! I's a pleasure! :)  The real "genius" of all this is AprilSkies (and all the Arena80 Italian forum, of course)!

Until next time! :D