Autor Thema: Manic Mansion - One Rainy Day  (Gelesen 5670 mal)

Blackmonkey

• kleiner Tentakelsaugknopf
    • Profil anzeigen
Manic Mansion - One Rainy Day
« am: 24. April 2015, 20:41:23 »
The Monkey Island World is proud to announce the (re)release of

Maniac Mansion - One Rainy Day
Author: bustee (AGS forum)
Italian translation: utdefault, Giocherellone, Squall_Leonheart (Monkey Island World)

Zitat von: summary
Laverne is alone at home while a storm approaches, and she doesn't want to go out. Can you help her?

This is the autohr's first AGS game. It's rather short, but very fun!
Also, and that's one of the main reason why we're presenting it here, it was created using Maniac Mansion Mania graphics!

Thanks to the efforts of our translation team, who took care of translating the GUI and the graphics, as well as correcting the bugs found, we present the new version of the game, One Rainy Day 2.0.

Zitat von: bustee
The graphics are taken to quite some extend from graphics available on Maniac Mansion Mania, I drew some myself, but since it' a first timer, mine are rather simple (although I do like my clouds). SoundFX are taken from sounddogs.com and soundjay.com. I made a music loop from Israel Kamakawio'ole for the starting screen and used the Amiga soundtracks of Simon the Sorcerer for ingame and Lost Patrol for the outro (I agree, it's sort of lame to have so much stuff not done by me, but I wanted to see how everything fits together and next time I'll do it all myself

If anyone could translate it in German, it could become one of MMM episodes, right?

The translated game can be downloaded here, while at this link you can find the full source code.
Moreover, here is our thread to talk about the translation and ask for help, if needed (don't worry, you don't have to write in italian, english is fine).
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Juli 2021, 23:57:36 von Blackmonkey »

Mister L

• Boss der T.I.A.
  • Globaler Moderator
  • Ehrwürdiger Tentakel
  • "R.I.P. Clever & Smart † 1958 -2023"
    • Profil anzeigen
    • Maniac Mansion - Night of the Meteor
Re: Manic Mansion - One Rainy Day
« Antwort #1 am: 26. April 2015, 00:11:43 »
If anyone could translate it in German, it could become one of MMM episodes, right?

Well, it has to fit in with the MMM universe. It Looks like Laverne is living in Bernards house?  ???  :cl

Champ

• volljähriger Tentakel
  • Ohne Geschmacksverstärker!
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: 26. April 2015, 03:40:15 »
It Looks like Laverne is living in Bernards house?  ???  :cl

That just reminds me of something...we never made a place to live for Laverne,except for that one DotT room by Rondo...poor Laverne,probably living in the hospital...
Oh and I played it,I thought it was ok but I dont see Laverne really as a PC person (if she played the surgeon simulator maybe) but maybe I just got the wrong ending
« Letzte Änderung: 26. April 2015, 03:41:06 von Champ »
Für den Halloween Streich wird Benard bezahlen!

Tütensuppe

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: 03. Dezember 2017, 19:20:43 »
Ich habe mich jetzt endlich an einer Übersetzung versucht. Wobei es eher eine Adaption ist, denn die Texte wurden teilweise stark verändert, damit die Episode ins MMM-Universum passt. (In der englischen Fassung ist es nicht Bernards Zimmer, sondern Lavernes Wohnung. Der Eierkopfpreis ist ein deutscher Zeitungsartikel und das Perpetuum Mobile ein Hamsterrad.)

Ich hatte letztes Jahr schon versucht den Autor bustee zu kontaktieren, leider ohne Erfolg. Daher ist diese Bearbeitung 100% inoffiziell.

Ich suche jetzt noch ein paar "Betatester", die sich die Übersetzung ansehen nach Fehlen (Tippfehlern, inhaltlichen Unstimmigkeiten oder unbeabsichtigten Übersetzungsfehlern) schauen und ggf. Verbesserungsvorschläge machen.

Kinkilla

• volljähriger Tentakel
  • Nicht zu verwechseln mit einem Chinchilla!
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #4 am: 04. Dezember 2017, 17:10:51 »
Schön noch mal was von diesem Projekt zu hören. (Auch was von dir zu hören)
Internationale MMM-Episoden scheinen wohl im Trend zu liegen. ;D

Btw: Schon mal zum verkünden: Ich werde auch in Kürze, Übersetzungs-Tester benötigen. ;)

Rocco

• Administrator
  • alter Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
    • Maniac Mansion Mania
« Antwort #5 am: 05. Dezember 2017, 12:41:58 »
Coole Sache, es ist ja offenbar sogar der komplette Source Code vorhanden.
Vielleicht können wir es ja wirklich als MMM Epiosde veröffentlichen.
Was sagen die Jungs von Monkey Island World dazu?

Tütensuppe

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #6 am: 05. Dezember 2017, 18:15:32 »
Ich hatte es letztes Jahr, als meine Episode ins Italienische übersetzen wurde, die Idee einer inhaltlich abweichenden deutschen  Übersetzung mal angesprochen. Einige waren der Meinung, es sei besser wenn der Autor die Originalfassung abändern würde, so dass es ins MMM-Universum passt. Leider blieb der Versuch einer Kontaktaufnahme erfolglos.

Giocherellone

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #7 am: 06. Dezember 2017, 09:55:51 »
Hi friends! :D

Here I am as a "PR" of the Monkdy Island World Forum"! ;-)

Zitat von: Rocco
Coole Sache, es ist ja offenbar sogar der komplette Source Code vorhanden.
Vielleicht können wir es ja wirklich als MMM Epiosde veröffentlichen.
Was sagen die Jungs von Monkey Island World dazu?

In the MIWF we would be really HAPPY if this should be possible!
Even us had considered the possibility to making this fangame a regular MMM episode!

Zitat von: Tütensuppe
Ich hatte es letztes Jahr, als meine Episode ins Italienische übersetzen wurde, die Idee einer inhaltlich abweichenden deutschen  Übersetzung mal angesprochen. Einige waren der Meinung, es sei besser wenn der Autor die Originalfassung abändern würde, so dass es ins MMM-Universum passt. Leider blieb der Versuch einer Kontaktaufnahme erfolglos.

Yeah... Even us tried to contact Basti. All my previous contacts with him have been through the PM service of the AGS forum.
We had been in contact until the italian translation of his game, but then I had no more replies, sigh...

But for curiosity, I read again all the previous PM with him, and...

Zitat von: Bustee - PM 29 Aug 2016
Hi Paolo,

of course I remember you. I'm very grateful that you take so much care of my little game. I'd be happy if my game would be put up on the MMM website. I have some spare time at then moment, so I could do the translation myself, I suppose. On the other hand if Tütensuppe prefers to do it that would also be fine. Just let me know what you guys decide!

Best and thanks a lot,

Sebastian

So: @Tütensuppe
You have already completed the German translation?
Is it enough, or you think that is necessary to make some touchups to the source code or the graphics?
Do you want to complete the works alone or you need for something?

Let me know, even in the MIWF forum, OK?

Till next time!

Paolo "Giocherellone"

P.S.: In case, please, is possible to keep up writing in English for this thread?

Tütensuppe

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #8 am: 06. Dezember 2017, 20:23:49 »
@Giocherellone:
I have finished the translation, but I am still looking for German-speaking people to look at the translation and make suggestions for improvement.

I made a few small changes to the source code (which I downloaded from your website), but they only affect the German version: MMM logo added on the title card and Laverne's font color changed to yellow. I also edited some inventory graphics that were a few pixels too wide. If you play the episode in English or Italian, nothing should have changed.

I still have to replace the credits. Do you know what font was used?