Hauptmenü

Neuigkeiten:

Bitte unterstützt uns und bestellt über diese Links bei Amazon  oder HumbleBumble!

Is there no English version of Maniac Mansion Mania?

Begonnen von scynical, 21. Februar 2008, 09:13:22

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

scynical

I just knew that MMM is exist. so I want to play almost every of whole series,
but in Korea(I'm in South Korea) there's no way to find MMM. It's really hard to
get episode 1, 2, 4, 8, 9. but some of them are still no english version (or I couldn't find).

Is anyone can help me?
In fact I'm Korean so even my English is not perfect.

Iason79

The big problem is, that MMM is a german project (I am Austrian - Mozart-Freud-Schwarzenegger),
but there do some episodes exist in english; due momentarely the mainpage
http://www.maniac-mansion-mania.de is down for maintaince a couple of days.

If you have some friends who speak a relative good english, german or spanish,
maybe the autor of those episodes can help you to translate (I mean the humor),
and make the MMM-project popular in (South)Korea so you and your friends can
enjoy the episodes fully.

We've been trying to make MMM as much international as possible, but the
bigest problem is still that there are to few translators; special the nativ ones.
Gesucht wird Jesus Christus. Angeklagt wegen Verführung, anarchistischer Tendenzen, Verschwörung gegen die Staatsgewalt. Besondere Kennzeichen: Narben an Händen und Füßen

Kaktus

I think the episodes in English are 1, 2, 9, 15, 33 and 40. And I think 53 is going to follow soon.
But as Iason mentioned the page currently down.

Zitat von: Iason79 in 21. Februar 2008, 09:44:41
I am Austrian - Mozart-Freud-Schwarzenegger
Hmm, I could have sworn they were Swiss :-\

scynical

Thank you everybody. I'll looking for those episodes...

In korea, there's a korean version of Maniac Mansion. It's original IBM version of that game....

JPS

Here are all games which are translated in English:

Episode 1,2,8,9,15,33,40,61 and 53 will follow in the next weeks.

We should translate more games.

Rocco


Iason79

Zitat von: JPS in 21. Februar 2008, 20:53:01
We should translate more games.

What a brilliant idea, did you came up on this all by yourselfe?
I would gladly translate games from german to english,
but I doubt my skills are good enough, especial to compare
with nativ speakers who actually will play this episodes.
So, are youre skills good enough to do translations?
Maybe I can translate one of youre games to make it better *joke*
However, PM me.
PM not PMS - Post Menstrual Syndrome...
Gesucht wird Jesus Christus. Angeklagt wegen Verführung, anarchistischer Tendenzen, Verschwörung gegen die Staatsgewalt. Besondere Kennzeichen: Narben an Händen und Füßen

scynical

Zitat von: Rocco in 21. Februar 2008, 23:52:24
we are online again, 
all translated episodes -> http://www.maniac-mansion-mania.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=77

I think there's something wrong... almost every episode that I tried to download couldn't work.

all I can see "Fobidden : you don't have no permission" ;_;

Link2005

#8
Welll, It works for me... ???

MMM Epi 63: B-DUN DX
10% - AGS-Rohdateien von B-DuN finden
25% - Story
60% - Scripten, Grafiken
85% - Betatest
100%

Rocco

Zitat von: scynical in 22. Februar 2008, 06:30:35
Zitat von: Rocco in 21. Februar 2008, 23:52:24
we are online again, 
all translated episodes -> http://www.maniac-mansion-mania.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=77

I think there's something wrong... almost every episode that I tried to download couldn't work.

all I can see "Fobidden : you don't have no permission" ;_;

i cant find a mistake...
the first three entrys on this page dont work, cause they arent linked now,
but everybody should be able to download the episodes.
please can you try it once more, and tell me if it works or not.
thx.  :)

Bòógieman

or maybe you are behind a company/school/etc. firewall which blocks your downloads  :-\
Schlachtaman Vibrations, UHYEAH!!!
_________________________________

>>>> Ende der Kommunikation <<<<

Iason79

Zitat von: Kaktus in 21. Februar 2008, 10:08:00
Zitat von: Iason79 in 21. Februar 2008, 09:44:41
I am Austrian - Mozart-Freud-Schwarzenegger
Hmm, I could have sworn they were Swiss :-\
I would have mentiond Johann Hansi Hölzel aka Falco,
but I guess I better of with DJ.Bobo
Gesucht wird Jesus Christus. Angeklagt wegen Verführung, anarchistischer Tendenzen, Verschwörung gegen die Staatsgewalt. Besondere Kennzeichen: Narben an Händen und Füßen

KhrisMUC

scynical:
I've put them in a zip and uploaded it to savefile.com.

DOWNLOAD

Iason: Cut the OT crap.

scynical

Zitat von: KhrisMUC in 25. Februar 2008, 14:15:38
scynical:
I've put them in a zip and uploaded it to savefile.com.

DOWNLOAD

Iason: Cut the OT crap.

whoa, Thank you!!
I think my internet server had a problem. some other country's files cannot be downloaded...

KhrisMUC

You're welcome :)
(I assume you were able to download my file, right?)