Hauptmenü

Neuigkeiten:

Bitte unterstützt uns und bestellt über diese Links bei Amazon  oder HumbleBumble!

Episode 95: Britney's Escape (Resurrected from the dead!)

Begonnen von lizzlebizzle, 15. Februar 2014, 22:27:14

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

lizzlebizzle

Hi, everyone!

My name is Liz Littmann. I produced the game Britney's Room back in ~2008 and it is in the trash episodes section! Admittedly, I knew relatively NOTHING about programming.

I was contacted by a fan who would like to produce the game in Italian, but I am not sure if bugs still remain! Here is an update version of the game -- and a WORKING link (boy, file hosting is hard to come by lately).

I scoured the forum threads about my game, and I would love to make the game an official episode, if possible. Could someone update me on this and let me know what needs to be done? I am sure I have a lot of bug fixes to do. The code is horrible for my first attempt.

In other news... I have my college degree in computer programming, so I want to make a *better* game using the updated resource packs. The code in my first game is embarrassing! I didn't contact you all sooner because I know it's a weak first attempt, and I felt intimidated!

Would love everyone's help. Thank you so much!

Here's the link to the game on AGS: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1445/


Cone Arex

ZitatI produced the game Britney's Room back in ~2008 and it is in the trash episodes section!
Actually, no. The thread in the trash episodes section is about a another game from a german author, which had a very similar premise. Your game is here, in the "episodes in development"-section.  8)

ZitatI have my college degree in computer programming, so I want to make a *better* game using the updated resource packs. The code in my first game is embarrassing!
As someone who currently studies general computer science, I also know that feeling. :(

ZitatI scoured the forum threads about my game, and I would love to make the game an official episode, if possible. Could someone update me on this and let me know what needs to be done?
I remember that we agreed that an official episode needs a german translation. Not sure about that. Until now, there was no real need to think about that. Besides that...well, there should be no bugs.  ;D
And as most of us understand english, it shouldn't be that difficult to find a english to german translator.


Folge mir auf X und itch.io

lizzlebizzle

Ah! Thank you for the update! I felt like I missed a lot of things. Interesting -- a very similar premise? ;) Okay. I'm going to work on making bug fixes in this game, and I'd like to do another game, but with AGS 3.2.1 and the newer starter pack.

Welp! I'm looking for beta testers and a German translator! :D

Thanks for your help, ConeRX!

JPS

#3
I created Britney's Room on two days in early 2008 and it was originally meant to be my second mainline episode. However, it was rejected for being overly buggy and although I could have fixed up the game with little effort, I decided to completely withdraw it from release, since it was rather uninteresting and of low quality. The game was moved in the boards trash section then, but it's actually not downloadable anywhere now and I'm not really interested in making it avaiable again. Actually I would do the same with my first episode if it wasn't already a mainline episode. Both games are quite embarassing in all fields, and the "code" was already embarrassing to me before I started to study computer science. I was 12/13 back then, so I probably have an excuse  8)

Zitat von: lizzlebizzle in 15. Februar 2014, 23:04:26
Welp! I'm looking for beta testers and a German translator! :D

I could do that for you. I already did the english translations of two other AGS games.

Rocco

I think we can make this one as officially MMM-Episode 95.
There are not many bugs anymore (as far as i can tell).

But there is no German version at the moment.
Who wants to translate this Episode?
JPS are you still interested?

Cmdr

Well, I would like to have this as an offical episode.
But the Beta you get from the AGS-page still has a lot of minor bugs, which also should be fixed first.
Or did you got a newer version than this?

Rocco

#6
No, but maybe Blackmonkey (or was it Giocherellone  :cl ) has one.
We have to wait for his answer, cause he did the italian translation so maybe he can upload all the files we need.  ;D

Kinkilla

I played the Episode and I'm really interested to see that Episode actually in the Episode-Section  :)
But that name Britney's Escape  :cl it's really similar to my name  :P (two escape episodes in 1 year)

Cmdr


Rocco

seems like.  ;D
So we will get the translation file from Giocherellone or Blackmonkey.

Who wants to make the translation from Englisch -> German for this episode?  :D

Kinkilla


JPS

I'm still doing the translation, allthough I'm currently quite busy. I don't assume this to be a very large project however.

Giocherellone

Hi boys! :D

Excuse me for the late reply, I've been quite busy...

@JPS
Thank you for renewing your availability for the German translation of this game.
I already sent you the TRS file through PM! ;-)
Let me know if you need something, ok?

@Rocco @Cmdr
In the Italian "Monkey Island World Forum", working on the source code, we solved all the bugs and make some improvements. All of them are implemented in the TRS file I sent to JPS.
The TRS file is already set up for the German translation, and ready for the German GUI.
As for now, we suppose the "95" episode number. In case we'll change it.

@Kinkilla
We'll be really happy if you would like to translate in German even the "Maniac Apartment" fangame!
It has already an Italian and a Spanish translation!
Do you think even this could become a regular MMM episode? And so Hoagie's cousin could become a regular character?
I noticed the author (Viktor), I think he will be happy of this! :D
If you need, we may help for the German translation of the graphics' texts (we already did for the Spanish release).

Whew... I hope this is all! Let me know for everything, ok?

Till next time! :D

Rocco

Very good news, thank you JPS and Giocherellone!  :D
This Episode is indeed a perfect and nice MMM-Episode.

I haven't played Maniac Apartment so far and don't know if it will fit also perfectly to our rules,
but if not we can even integrate it in our Fangamesection on the Webpage.

Kinkilla