Autor Thema: I'll translate from English into French  (Gelesen 10393 mal)

Narushima

• Tentakelschleim
    • Profil anzeigen
Re: I'll translate from English into French
« Antwort #15 am: 26. Februar 2012, 17:02:16 »
@Narushima;
is "MMM" or 'MMM' also allowed in French instead of « MMM » ?
Yes it is.
Most people every day use " ", because that's readily available on a keyboard. The French quotations marks, as they're called (i.e « ») are found in almost all book and anything that gets published, like video games, film subtitles, etc.
It is a convention, and personally I prefer these (« »), but the inverted commas " " or ' ' would work as well.

Endres

• Midlife Crisis Tentakel
  • En|dres, der
    • ICQ Messenger - 230191486
    • MSN Messenger - enni_puschner@hotmail.de
    • Profil anzeigen
    • e7p.de
« Antwort #16 am: 27. Februar 2012, 16:32:52 »
In DOTT (French) the quotation marks are also used like " ".

Domi:"irc hab ich mir viren geholt.. icq hab ich nimmer"

Rocco

• Administrator
  • alter Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
    • Maniac Mansion Mania
« Antwort #17 am: 29. Februar 2012, 13:00:14 »

Edit : another thing, the introductory text of the English homepage is not exactly perfect. Here's something that I think sounds better, more natural and more engaging :

Zitat
Hello and welcome to Maniac Mansion Mania!

Maniac Mansion Mania, is a fan-made adventure series which is all about reliving the glory of the original Maniac Mansion and extending it further into a rich, thrilling world. The whole series is delivered in the form of episodes so that each developer can create their own story in the extended universe of Maniac Mansion.

Taking an active part in the life of Maniac Mansion Mania is easy ! Everybody can create their own episode.

I'd need help with this final bit here, though, because I really don't get what is meant by that ('aurochs' ?!) :

Zitat
The basic scaffolding for the construction of an Adventure aurochs with a Lucas style SCUMM interface is, provided just like all figures, places, pieces of music and Sounds of the complete series till now.

I haven't tested the starterpack, so I don't really know what it is like. Can you give me some details ? Just enough so I can describe it quickly in the introductory text.
Thanks for your correction, i'll replace it when the text is finished.
I unfortunatly also dont know what aurochs exactly means, and im not sure if its an regular english word (every translation tool passed out).
The current version is from cossack (native spain),
its curiously easier to get translators and native speakers for several languages, but not for english.  :cl

Narushima

• Tentakelschleim
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #18 am: 29. Februar 2012, 17:45:26 »
Well actually, in French, an "auroch" is the prehistoric ancestor to the cow. So... yep.