Hauptmenü

Neuigkeiten:

Bitte unterstützt uns und bestellt über diese Links bei Amazon  oder HumbleBumble!

Britney's Escape!

Begonnen von Liz, 26. Juni 2011, 22:02:25

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Liz

Hey, everyone! I'm an amateur developer and used a MMM starterpack to make a game I proudly call, "Britney's Escape".


This game puts Britney's skills to the test when she's locked in a room and is forced to find her way out!

Amazing features:
-2, count them, 2 whole characters!
-Marginal graphics!
-Sound effects!
-Music!
-Pink things!




I have it available for download courtesy of Multiupload. Download it here!

I also frequent the Adventure Game Studio forums, username lizzlebizzle. Feel free to check out the game page here!

Thanks for your time -- enjoy the game.

Bòógieman

hi there!  :)
I played your game and I like it  :-*
actually it fits to the concept of MMM, so it could also become an official episode, if you want it to be one  ;)
but there are some small bugs in it, that you might want to fix first  :cl
Schlachtaman Vibrations, UHYEAH!!!
_________________________________

>>>> Ende der Kommunikation <<<<

mukk

#2
Hey, welcome to MMM, that was quick ;)

Again: nice little game! Sure hope you'll do some more  ;D

As our community is mostly German, maybe it would be worth it to translate your game? If you are interested let me know, I'd gladly be of help.

For the people who already played it:

Zitat von: LizI did fix the places where Unhandled() was missing, and the inventory item skews.

Each year, vegetarians bully animals,
cheat in relationships, watch porno and cause pollution.
So join the fight now and stop the vegetarians.

Liz

I'd love to have it translated!

I actually uploaded yet another version of this game...a couple more bug fixes...the latest link is on the AGS Website, which can be found here, or above!




Siel

I played the game, but it crashed every time I used the magic potion with Britney.

The malfunction message said the error is an "invalid character specified" within a FaceCharacter()-command in the GlobalScript, line 1909.
Die Vergangenheit ist im Nachhinein meist eine schlechte Idee.

Bòógieman

I just tried the new verison and here is a little list of bugs you should fix  ;)

Spoiler
after taking the matches, they just reappear after "close mirror" and "open mirror"
the keyboard shortcuts for the commands are still the German ones
the door has no default action
you might also consider making Britney not clickable and use a Britney-inventory-item instead
did you change the speech font on purpose? it is hard to read  :-\
as reported, the game crashes after using the potion on Britney
the game also crashes after "use XXX with Britney" when you move the mouse cursor away from her while she talks
Schlachtaman Vibrations, UHYEAH!!!
_________________________________

>>>> Ende der Kommunikation <<<<

Liz

Fixed the crash with the potion! Should be good. Go to the AGS page for the latest version.

Liz

Also fixed:

Mirror issues.
Using items on Britney.


Plans:

Change font.
Fix keyboard shortcuts.
Default action for door.


But now, I'm off to class! Thanks for everyone's help!

Liz

Latest update has been posted on the AGS page. Check it out here. Thanks!

JPS

This sound like enough to make it a official Episode of MMM, if you want.   :D

Bissiger Witzbold

- In the last scene the rope looks like a blue cup.
- Bernard disappears before he reached the door.
- The candle disappears before Britney reaches the drawers.

Liz

Sure, we can make it an official episode :)

Bissiger, which version did you play? The rope issue should be fixed, but I will look into it. The candle has been very finicky for me but I can mess around with that, too.

Der Kompaniechef

hey liz. My english is not the best so it would be good when you translate the game in german. Maybe some one helps from this forum.

Bòógieman

I just played the latest version of the game, but some already reported bugs are still in it   :-\
you need to click on the spoiler button to see them (just in case you do not know this  ;) )
Zitat von: Bòógieman in 27. Juni 2011, 19:23:23
Spoiler
after taking the matches, they just reappear after "close mirror" and "open mirror"
the keyboard shortcuts for the commands are still the German ones
the door has no default action
you might also consider making Britney not clickable and use a Britney-inventory-item instead

Zitat von: Liz in 30. Juni 2011, 18:06:10
Bissiger, which version did you play? The rope issue should be fixed, but I will look into it.
I too get the blue cup instead of the rope in the last screen (outside the house)
I played the version downloaded by following the link in this post
Zitat von: Liz in 29. Juni 2011, 08:26:20
Latest update has been posted on the AGS page. Check it out here. Thanks!

keep on the good work  :-*
Schlachtaman Vibrations, UHYEAH!!!
_________________________________

>>>> Ende der Kommunikation <<<<

Liz

Thank you! I will finish some calculus homework and post the updated version later today. I DO see what you mean about the

[hide]matches coming back.[/hide]
Didn't catch that! Thank you!!

Also,
[hide]I completely forgot about the rope appearing as a cup bug.[/hide]
Will fix!