Autor Thema: Maniac Mansion The New Saga  (Gelesen 32038 mal)

KhrisMUC

• Mod
  • volljähriger Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
Re: Maniac Mansion The New Saga
« Antwort #75 am: 01. Oktober 2008, 18:27:27 »
Hey Rubacan't, remember me?

I'm ready to give you a forth (or fifth?) chance here, but only if your attitude has gone through a noticeable change this time.
From your recent thread over at AT only a few days after the one in the CL, I get that you still aren't looking for serious crits but praise only.
You still haven't mastered basic one-point perspective (dumbwaiter!) or lighting (panels) as was pointed out in probably every single one of your background threads.

I still have the feeling that by desperately trying to add new features (e.g. manual input in dialogs) and blowing up your project to humongous proportions, along with publishing catchy "trailers", you wanna hide the fact that you neither have something at least resembling a proper design document nor the scripting skills to pull any of this off.

Good luck on teaming up with edna_mausi, a serious and skilled designer renown for his reliability and dedication.

Link2005

• Midlife Crisis Tentakel
  • Guck mal Mami - Ohne Blog!
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #76 am: 03. Oktober 2008, 19:56:19 »
@edna_mausi:
As long as it doesn't become a Duke Nukem Forever-like release date... ;)
Seriously: I think(and hope) that Rubacant care about the evolution of MMTNS, because there are/was many planned Fan-Made Sequels to MM and/or DotT that all became the same: forgotten, unreleased, cancelled, etc., and somebody who REALLY care about their "child" doesn't give it up, and I think that Rubacant is somebody who at least TRY to continue with his project and doesn't care how many troubles are coming while the development of it, even though some of you may can't understand this.

MMM Epi 63: B-DUN DX
10% - AGS-Rohdateien von B-DuN finden
25% - Story
60% - Scripten, Grafiken
85% - Betatest
100%

Iason79

• volljähriger Tentakel
  • Generalsekretär
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #77 am: 04. Oktober 2008, 08:15:34 »
As long as it doesn't become a Duke Nukem Forever-like release date... ;)
I think MMTNS comes out 2666

Seriously: I think(and hope) that Rubacant care about the evolution of MMTNS
Seriously: I dont think that Rubacant care about the evolution of MMTNS

because there are/was many planned Fan-Made Sequels to MM and/or DotT
because there ARE many Fan-Made Sequels to MM and/or DottT

that all became the same: forgotten, unreleased, cancelled, etc.
et cetera, etc., &c

and somebody who REALLY care about their "child" doesn't give it up
and somebody who REALLY forgott thier 'child' dosent'n give a sh*t

I think that Rubacant is somebody who at least TRY to continue with his project and doesn't care how many troubles are coming while the development of it, even though some of you may can't understand this.
And I think Rubacant is'nt somebody who at least TRY TO DIE-continue-guy and care how many troubles are coming while the development of it, even though some of you may can't understand this, and give up.

Sorry for such harsh critic, but somebody has to you bring you down
before you go all over this 'Hail Rubacant'-Pray from Link;
at least (back to the earth) realize your pontential and I hope MMTNS
would be a great game in 2666  ::)
« Letzte Änderung: 04. Oktober 2008, 08:19:36 von Iason79 »
Gesucht wird Jesus Christus. Angeklagt wegen Verführung, anarchistischer Tendenzen, Verschwörung gegen die Staatsgewalt. Besondere Kennzeichen: Narben an Händen und Füßen

Link2005

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #78 am: 04. Oktober 2008, 19:37:27 »
It could be done WITHOUT all the "quote by"-marks, Iason! ;)
By side: I know! Rubacant WAS annoying earlier, but you should give him another change, i think he has changed a lot compared to earlier.
If you don't support MMTNS or Rubacant, just stop complaining about him and his project.

And if you REALLY want to say something bad about MMTNS and you think you HAVE  to say it, here is a word with six letters:
P-O-L-I-T-E (zu deutsch: Höflich)

And if you aren't polite, I make an "Iason muss mahl"!!!

25% - Story
60% - Scripten, Grafiken
85% - Betatest
100%

Iason79

• volljähriger Tentakel
  • Generalsekretär
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #79 am: 05. Oktober 2008, 07:21:45 »
And if you aren't polite, I make an "Iason muss mahl"!!!

This would be a highlight of the 'muß mal' episodes.

Just check back with me, to make sure the episode gets the kind
of quality it deserves...

Zitat von: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/ask-thatguy
Remember, there is no stupid question untill you ask it
« Letzte Änderung: 05. Oktober 2008, 07:29:39 von Iason79 »
Gesucht wird Jesus Christus. Angeklagt wegen Verführung, anarchistischer Tendenzen, Verschwörung gegen die Staatsgewalt. Besondere Kennzeichen: Narben an Händen und Füßen

Link2005

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #80 am: 06. Oktober 2008, 21:19:27 »
Wrong:
There is no stupid question, but a fitting stupid answer.

Oh, and something aboiut this thread..um... :/ ...
Did I already say that I think that MMTNS shouldn't be a hurried project and should take all the time it needs? ???
What ever, have you already a name for your development-team? (if you can't think of somethink serious-sounding, try somethink mixed out of the names of the ,memberd of it and add "studios". ;)   )

25% - Story
60% - Scripten, Grafiken
85% - Betatest
100%

MMNS-Rubacant

• kleiner Tentakelsaugknopf
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #81 am: 07. Oktober 2008, 20:40:19 »
Well I have decided to continue the production of Maniac Mansion The New Saga no matter what the odds. If it takes me to the year 9999 to make this game i dont care but im sure it will be done much sooner. Also this game will not be hurried or rushed. LOL  I going to Improve the design and my skill for this project. And im not looking for praise but serious crits and helpful crits NOT Harsh Nonsense. I have nothing to do what they post I cant control this. If they like my backgrounds and give me praise so be it.

When i wanted to make this game i didnt think it would be easy. Anyway i dont like working on easy projects. Easy is not for me. You need to have more faith in this game and not judge it yet. Its not even done. The beta Intro story I made it so you dont understand whats going on. And will keep you wondering to the full game comes out.  I really Really care about the evolution MMTNS. If i didnt I would not be still working on it.

Oh and I CAN pull Full of this off. Except Scripting For now.

Rubacant

MMNS-Rubacant

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #82 am: 08. Oktober 2008, 02:30:25 »
Well I have decided to continue the production of Maniac Mansion The New Saga no matter what the odds. If it takes me to the year 9999 to make this game i dont care but im sure it will be done much sooner. Also this game will not be hurried or rushed. LOL  I going to Improve the design and my skill for this project. And im not looking for praise but serious crits and helpful crits NOT Harsh Nonsense. I have nothing to do what they post I cant control this. If they like my backgrounds and give me praise so be it.

When i wanted to make this game i didnt think it would be easy. Anyway i dont like working on easy projects. Easy is not for me. You need to have more faith in this game and not judge it yet. Its not even done. The beta Intro story I made it so you dont understand whats going on. And will keep you wondering to the full game comes out.  I really Really care about the evolution MMTNS. If i didnt I would not be still working on it.

Oh and I CAN pull all of this off. Except Scripting part For now.

Rubacant

MMNS-Rubacant

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #83 am: 08. Oktober 2008, 02:34:52 »
Sorry for the double post. Didn't know it was quote and not reply. :( 

Iason79

• volljähriger Tentakel
  • Generalsekretär
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #84 am: 08. Oktober 2008, 02:47:59 »

Whitch would be about 90% of the work  ::)

MMNS-Rubacant

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #85 am: 08. Oktober 2008, 03:01:53 »

Whitch would be about 90% of the work  ::)

Not counting all the back grounds im making and design and story and puzzle design.  ;D So ha.

And thats why where going to be a team.   ::)   ::)

Iason79

• volljähriger Tentakel
  • Generalsekretär
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #86 am: 08. Oktober 2008, 03:41:40 »
Still, I stick by my posting:
90% of the work will be scripting;

Maybe I count it down to 80%, ask all the other developers if you like...

And like I said to you in the Chat, try a small MMM-Episode first to test youre skills with scripting^^
or you need a hell of a team to make this work

MMNS-Rubacant

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #87 am: 08. Oktober 2008, 03:55:21 »
I going to have many test games that will not really have a story.  Just tests with backgrounds, Doors, puzzles, chars and other imported things.

Right now im not going to worrie. Like i said before one thing at a time. Right now im been working on backgrounds, the game design and Blue prints.

Mostly Backgrounds and more backgrounds.  :o

Iason79

• volljähriger Tentakel
  • Generalsekretär
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #88 am: 08. Oktober 2008, 04:56:27 »
Mostly Backgrounds and more backgrounds.  :o

And in the end we'fe got a slideshow of backgrounds...

But anyway, I wish u many luck and hope to play this someday, just keep us up to date..

Link2005

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #89 am: 10. Oktober 2008, 18:47:12 »
Well, Iason is right about the 80-90% of work for coding, BUT you have a team, and because you have a team you can split up the work: One Member can script, one does the story and the backgrounds and the last one does all the rest(dialogs, objects, etc.)
So it's not all THAT important to have knowledge about EVERYTHING about scripting in AGS, and I am also able to script a little bit, as seen in my Episode: short, but full of ideas for a sequel. (Hint!  ;) )

25% - Story
60% - Scripten, Grafiken
85% - Betatest
100%