Autor Thema: Maniac Mansion The New Saga  (Gelesen 32034 mal)

MMNS-Rubacant

• kleiner Tentakelsaugknopf
    • Profil anzeigen
Re: Maniac Mansion The New Saga
« Antwort #105 am: 07. Mai 2009, 08:34:53 »
I have a problem With two of the new verbs. They work right but when you click them its says walk to dave.

Its the two Verbs Read and Follow+. Read is Button 8 and Follow+ is Button 13.

I dont know where to fix this? Could it be in the on_mouse_click code??   Can someone show me where this code is to fix this.

Helli78

• Teenie Tentakel
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #106 am: 07. Mai 2009, 08:54:37 »
without knowing any sourcecode of your template, it would be very complicated to help you.
Maybe quote some line of your sourcecode here or post your actual template here for more investigation possibilities.

But, for a first help, try to find your code, which will be executed, when you will click onto the buttions "Read" or "Follow+".

NsMn

• Midlife Crisis Tentakel
  • überzeugter Paint-Nutzer
    • ICQ Messenger - 404385098
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #107 am: 07. Mai 2009, 18:29:11 »
bottun 13 is usually defined as the character change button.

Timer

• volljähriger Tentakel
    • ICQ Messenger - 275798409
    • AOL Instant Messenger - commandertimer
    • Profil anzeigen
    • Meine Seite
« Antwort #108 am: 07. Mai 2009, 22:45:07 »
The problem could perhaps be in the "GlobalCondition" function in the Global Script.
That's where there is defined over which buttons the text "change to" is shown. In my version it is in the fifth part of the GlobalCondition-function.

If you see your button numbers there: change them... :)

MMNS-Rubacant

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #109 am: 07. Mai 2009, 23:08:50 »
Thank you I fixed it. Its was in the GlobalCondition" function in the Global Script.

Timer

• volljähriger Tentakel
    • ICQ Messenger - 275798409
    • AOL Instant Messenger - commandertimer
    • Profil anzeigen
    • Meine Seite
« Antwort #110 am: 08. Mai 2009, 11:59:42 »
That's great. :)

MMNS-Rubacant

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #111 am: 01. Dezember 2009, 03:53:10 »
Hello Things are going good.

Working on the tech demo of MMNS. It I will be done soon hope. Have you all seen the new movie version of the intro on you tube?

And one more thing. For the character dave I need some ideas for emotional, action and personality animations he could do. 

MalleTheRedPhoenix

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #112 am: 01. Dezember 2009, 22:44:37 »
I saw your clips for a few days.

Your idea for the story is good that almost everybody gets insane and that the kids visit the mansion to stop this madness. I like it, really.

However: The intro is too long. You should cut the introduction a little bit, because it is an adventure game and not an interactive movie. ^^ So it could be better, if you would mention the important things of the story, so that not everybody comes to the idea to break up the opening scene. I know that you put a lot of work for these sequences and the animations look very good, but some things of the introduction are unnecessary (like the kitchen scene in Bernards house for example).

But I have still one great problem with your game: The interface. It is too complex and doesn't look really good. There are some unnecessary commands like the "follow" and the "read"-button for example. Why are these commands in the game, when you can read some signs with the "look at" - command for example? Maybe you have a reason for this, but it's so difficult for the player to solve the game, when he/she will be overtax with the interface. It would be better, if you use the old interface of DOTT for example, because it's much easier to control the characters through it.

I will watch your progress anyway. I'm looking forward for the result.
« Letzte Änderung: 01. Dezember 2009, 22:46:00 von NukaMalle83 »
Wie Phönix aus der Asche

MMNS-Rubacant

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #113 am: 02. Dezember 2009, 16:44:25 »
Thank you for liking The intro and the story.

I think I kinda over did it. But for the tech demo. I'm going to make many parts of the intro interactive where you have to solve  small puzzles that follows the flow of the story in the intro. Already have one done. The new verbs sometimes I think why do we need read and lookat. Like say safe in the attic in Mansion Mansion. This is a not a really good example but. Read verb you would say it's to small to read and look at could say It's a wall safe and the hinges  look rusted.

I gess it's just away to get more info from a hotspot or object. You can test it out in the tech demo.

The follow verbs. Using this will make other kids follow you and stop following you. Say if you want Dave and Syd to go up stairs to 3 floor you can make Syd follow Dave up there. But The interface is kinda complex but no where near the complexity of the original Maniac Mansion For NES and C64.

As overall things are going good. Right now I'm putting the intro to the main game project. I made it into a basic starter pack for youtube before.

I Guess the intro will be like a small game. And dont worrie the main game and the game intro have two differnt hot spots to start them so you dont need to watch the intro everytime you start a new game or play.

Rubacant   

JPS

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #114 am: 06. Januar 2011, 12:43:43 »
I wonder if this project is still in production. It has been quite a while ago when we heard about it the last time.